Feb. 20, 2012
TAKE HOME EXAM #6.docx
TAKE HOME EXAM # 6
HealthCare Skills II SPRING 2012 _______________________________________________
• Varney 3rd Edition: Chapter 2 Basics of Management of Care (focus on the ROS for the Muscular-Skeletal)
• Jarvis: 5th Edition: Chapter 22 (Musculoskeletal)
• Weaver 4th Edition: Section II, pages 28 and 29. CVAT and Clonus.
When speaking of physical exam, you have heard my mantra, “ALWAYS compare side to side”. This is especially true when screening a musculo-skeletal complaint. Keep in mind that you should inspect and palpate the unaffected or normal side first so that you have a basis of comparison.
• So we begin with inspection: What are you looking for when inspecting or screening the MS system?
• Then palpation: What are we determining during palpation?
• Range of motion: Describe the difference between ACTIVE range of motion and PASSIVE range of motion.
Copyright © 1998-2022 ThinkWave, Inc. All rights reserved.