Welcome Academy of Flint Charter School
TimeMay 16, 2012
to:Mrs. Campbell (1st)
Today we are going to do two things.
- First, we are going to review the important elements of mystery stories-what most mystery stories have in common.
- Second, we are going to solve fictional mysteries on Mysterynet.
- Each group must click on the links below.
- Together, you and your partner will read each mystery. Please take turns reading.
- Consider all of the evidence with Max and Nina.
- Then, try and solve the case.
Later, each group will write out and report on one mystery story they completed. I want to know 4 things.
- Who are all of the characters besides Max and Nina?
- What is the setting of the story?
- What is the case about?
- What clues did the detectives find?
Groups 1--4: The Case of the Disappearing Signs: http://kids.mysterynet.com/solveit/solveit026/
Groups 5--8: The Case of the Charley Cheetah Theft: http://kids.mysterynet.com/solveit/solveit025/
Groups 9--12: The Case of the Sneak Thief's Sneakers: