Finals Study Guide
TimeJune 15, 2012
to:*English 2B, 02D
African, Persian, & Arabic Literature - Finals Study Guide
- What was the difference between Kush and Egypt?
- Where was Kush located & which modern country is located in Kush?
- How was the Oral Tradition preserved (two reasons)?
- Which empire conquered Africa? What religion was brought as a result?
- The years of Africa's Golden Age.
- Know the moral of these proverbs.
- All the characters.
- Plot of the story.
- Vocabulary for Sundiata
Persian and Arabic Literature
- Know about Muhammad & Islam.
- Spread of culture and literature.
- Key people.
- Sufism & its beliefs.
- What is the name of the religion that believes in two gods? What were the two gods? Which one would prevail?
"Thousand and One Nights"
- Plot and characters.
From the "Koran"
- What is a sura? How many are there in the Koran?
- Main ideas of the Koran.
- Where did the Koran originate from?
- What is a rubayat?
- Main theme of the rubayat.
- What do these poems prevail?
Literary Terms & Additional Questions
- Dialectic Language
- Subjective vs. Objective
- Frame Story
- Check my subpages for more literary terms, you will also be tested on those as well.
- Know how to indicate a title on an essay or paper.
- Be prepared to analyze on the final.
- Study for vocabulary for "Thousand and One Nights" & Sundiata.
How to prepare for this test?
- Study for notes, terms, and vocabulary.
- Re-read the stories!
- Make notes on the stories or introduction if necessary!