Pre Algebra students. You need to study all of chapter 10. The test will be mostly over chapter 10.1 - 10.5. From 10.6, you only need to know how to test if an ordered pair is a solution to a system of equations and write Yes or No.
Remember the steps to solving multi-step equations:
1) Distributive property and Clear Fractions
2) Combine Like Terms on the Same side of the equation
3) Get the variable on the same side of the equation
4) Undo Addition and Subtraction
5) Undo Multiplication and Division
ALGEBRA: The test will look very similar to the review worksheet I gave you in class.
1) Know how to solve algebra problems like the ones in chapter 2.
2) Know that when an equation is in the form y = mx + b the m is the slope of the line and the b is the y-intercept.
3) Know how to find the slope of a line.
4) Know how to simplify monomials with exponents and how to multiply binomials using FOIL.
5) Know how to factor trinomials and binomials.
6) Know how to graph a quadratic equation.
7) Know how to solve a problem like #35 on page 610.