11th Grade Medieval Literature: Weeks of Sept. 17 and 24
TimeSept. 17, 2012
to:Medieval Literature, Section 2
Monday, 17 September 2012
• Wrap up discussion of The Screwtape Letters
• Screwtape Letters Response Paper Assignment (handout)
• Review Grading Rubric (reverse side of Response Paper handout)
• Discuss Academic Integrity (handout)
HW: Screwtape Letters Response Paper due Friday, 28 September. Review Literary Terms for QUIZ this Wednesday.
Wednesday, 19 September 2012
Unit 1 Literary Terms QUIZ
• In-class time to work on Response Paper – optional conferences with instructor to review first draft
HW: Work on Screwtape Response Paper – due next Friday, 28 September.
Friday, 21 September 2012 – “B” DAY (NO CLASS)
Monday, 24 September 2012
• Lecture – “Setting the Stage for the Medieval Period: Part 1” – St. Augustine of Hippo and the Confessions
HW: Continue work on Screwtape Response Paper – due this Friday. First set of readings from the Confessions of St. Augustine (TBA).
Wednesday, 26 September 2012
• Seminar discussion of St. Augustine readings
HW: Complete Screwtape Response Paper – due this Friday.
Friday, 28 September 2012
Screwtape Response Paper due
• Supplemental material on St. Augustine
HW: Second set of readings from the Confessions of St. Augustine (TBA).