Welcome JOHN PAUL THE GREAT ACADEMY
Week of 9/24-9/28
TimeSept. 24, 2012
Monday, September, 24
We almost had ourselves a documentary day. The class average from the Chapter 1 Test was 77, a mere three percentage points away from the goal. Let us try and acheive that goal next time.
Studying Matter Through Change
- Explain how properties are used to classify matter.
- Identify the ways Lavoisier studied chemicals throught their properties.
- Inspectionally read handout
- Complete Journal Prompt
Wednesday, September, 26
Studying Matter Through Change (Seminar)
- Discuss the ways Lavoisier studied combustion through experiments.
- Explain how the scientific method was used to study chemicals.
combustion, chemical composition
- Analytically read handout
- Answer discussion questions
Friday, September, 28
Lesson 2.1: Properties of Matter
- Identify properties of matter as extensive or intensive.
- Define physical property and list several common properties of substances.
- Differentiate among three states of matter.
- Analytically read 2.1
- Complete Vocabulary and Section Assessment
- Write a rough draft for a 4-5 paragraph response paper from reading and seminar.