Welcome Hess Elementary
TimeSept. 11, 2012
Butler School Behavior Management Plan
The faculty and staff at Butler are looking forward to an exciting year filled with learning and success for every student. In order to help us, we have adopted the following School Management Plan to help promote a positive and safe school environment. Please discuss this plan with your child and sign and return the attached form. We thank you in advance for your help and cooperation.
Butler Behavior Management Team
1. Follow directions.
2. Respect others and their property.
3. Be prepared.
4. Use good manners.
5. Use zero voice level, and walk in the hallways.
6. Wear required school uniform.
Consequences for Inappropriate Behavior:
1. Verbal warning (except for rule #6- This is an automatic check.)
2. First check given
3. Second check – Conference with student/Loss of privilege
4. Third check – Time out
5. Fourth check – Parent contact
6. Fifth check – Office referral using “Student Incident Report”
7. Sixth check – Thursday after-school detention
* * Checks will be tallied on a weekly basis. (Monday through Friday)
Exemplary behavior will be recognized monthly through participation in “Bear Club” for students with no more than five checks for the month.
*** (Teachers may also have individual classroom incentives for good behavior such as “Fun Friday”, etc.)
After School Detention
A student may be assigned after school detention for the following offenses:
1. Six checks in one week
2. Fighting or other serious incident
Detention will be held on Thursdays from 3:30 – 4:30p.m. Parents will be responsible for providing transportation, and students will not be allowed to complete homework or other class assignments during detention. The purpose of detention is to allow the student time to reflect on his/her infraction.
Students will be removed from the class immediately for extremely inappropriate behaviors. The administration may omit steps from the plan when dealing with serious offenses.
(Parents: Please sign and return the bottom portion.)
I have reviewed and discussed the 2012-2013 Butler School Behavior Management Plan with my child.
Student’s Name ________________________________________________
Teacher’s Name ________________________________________________
Parent’s Signature______________________________ Date _______