Welcome Dublin Christian Academy
TimeOct. 19, 2011
2nd semester you will be required to turn in Current Event Word Documents.
To find out what they are I have attached a "Current Event doc." that you can view in order to see the directions again.
- Make a Word doc. of your typed up summaries
- Go to thinkwave.com
- Log in (I gave you your access code:)
- Go to your grades and look for an assignment labeled "Current events"
- You do not have a grade on this assignment
- Click on "Upload"
- Choose the file/Word doc. you have created for your current event summaries
- Upload it.
3 Current Event Summaries each week. Thats 3 different Articles
Your Articles should be labeled in in one of these following categories:
Headline - The front page article, above the fold the main article on the front
• Political Cartoon - Not the comic page, but from the editorial pages. Usually a single
pane. For this category your first paragraph explains the meaning of the cartoon
followed in the second by your reaction. (You must attach a copy of the cartoon to
• Sports Story - From the sports page.
• Turkey Award - A story that was about something you thought of as being really silly,
useless or illogical.
• Good Deed Award - Sometimes news organizations report something good.
• It’s a Weird World - A story that you thought of as strange or odd in some way.
• Business News - Go to the business section and find something about business or
• Arts and Leisure - Go the the arts section of the news media and report something
there. (No credit will be given for stories on rock stars, movie personalities, etc. No pop
• Human Interest - A story that shows something interesting about the human condition.
The articles should also include the link to the article you read from an online news site.
The article should include the date of the issue you read in a magazine or newsaper.